Wednesday 28 December 2016

Land's End to John O'Groats may 2017

I have just committed myself to cycling from Land's End to John O'Groats this coming May. The commitment is nailed down by opening a JustGiving page . LEJOG is rather iconic and it will please me (I hope) to ride the length of the country. It feels like a target to pass after which one could be condescending or dismissive but nonetheless one to aspire to. Being 60+ helps to relieve me of any sense of competitiveness. I know it will be fairly slow and that will be partly because I am carrying a lot of stuff and partly because I am no great athlete and so on. i want to do some things to get in shape before setting off but i know that anything like a serious training schedule is unlikely to happen and if I get fit it will probably be en route. I would like to place updates here but as this site has virtually zero traffic (thanks google!), i may have to prioritise the Just giving site.

No comments:

Post a Comment